Welcoming Spring and the Season of Love, with Rose Quartz
Ahhh. The lovely Rose Quartz. Everyone admires it – even if it is not in everyone’s crystal collection. From very pale to a deep reddish pink, this lovely crystal leaves you with a gentle reminder that love is grand. It is found in everything and everyone. Within us, and all around us, above us and below us. Pink may not be everyone’s colour (not always one of mine), but I do admire the soft loveliness of a good rose quartz.
The colour of rose quartz is very stable and will not fade with heat or direct sunlight as with some other stones and crystals.
Because Rose Quartz works so hard as a “Love Generator”, it needs to be recharged every so often. My favourite way to recharge/regenerate my rose quartz is either under a full moon, or with Sage – I do this once a month.
Along with the gentle reminder of love and renewal, it is the perfect crystal for Spring. As the birds twitter for their mates, creatures scurry out of their dens to forage food for their younglings, love is found in these sounds. Wonder at the new growth sprouting out of the once hard, frozen ground as the winter’s snows melt away. The first crocus, the first robin, the first green blades of grass to the fuzzy yellow-green of the willow buds all herald the coming of spring. Of young love.
Called the Love Stone, Rose Quartz may have been used as a token of love among the ancients as early as 600 B.C. It is still an important crystal for relationships – between yourself and others. Attracting new love and bonding essential family and friendship connections brings this lovely crystal to centre stage. This stone carries a high spiritual connection to the Earth, the Universe, and The Divine. It is an essential crystal for compassion, forgiveness, patience, and of course Love. Used amongst artists, musicians, as well as in business and science to stimulate the imagination.
Rose Quartz has also been used in the ancient world to enhance physical beauty. There have been facial masks created with this crystal found in ancient Egyptian tombs. The ancient Egyptians, and the Romans used it to help prevent wrinkles and clear the complexion. Today, it can be found in little facial rollers that you use on your face and skin to rejuvenate and renew.
“Well, this is all fine and dandy, but what can Rose Quartz do for me?”
Funny that you should ask that. Rose Quartz is one of those wonderful “go-to” stones for anything you need to remind yourself that you are worth it. You are loved. Even though you may be going through a tough time right now, you will survive, and Thrive.
Here are some uses I’ve discovered in my research (and some real life experiences) that may be helpful to you:
- Helps with loss and grief
- Bonds an expectant mother to her unborn child – place on the stomach during pregnancy, have nearby while giving birth, and for the days to follow
- Calls in love and strengthens family and/or romantic relationship by placing it in the bedroom, in the “relationship corner of the home” or near photos of those you love
- Helps bring energy to restore trust and harmony, and unconditional love
- Stimulates sensual imagination
- Sleep aid – have nearby in the bedroom for beautiful dreams and the ease of nightmares or night terrors in adults and children
- In the workplace, a polished stone provides protection against gossip and negativity.
- Allows loving energy to come to you, accepting yourself and gently healing internal wounds
- Worn as a necklace or bracelet, provides the wearer with soothing energy to the Heart Chakra, allowing feelings of compassion and patience while protecting against negative energies, and allowing you to heal internal wounds of the heart.
- Connects you to the loving energies of Mother Earth (Gaia), the Universe, and The Divine
- Used as a meditation when contemplating ways of dealing with difficult people or situations, giving you insight and wisdom. Releases emotional patterns that hold you back, and embraces the higher and finer frequencies of Light
- Allows you to give as well as receive love and compassion.
“I allow myself to love and open my heart to Compassion and Unconditional Love for myself and those around me. I allow myself to grieve and heal. To Love, and Radiate.”
“What are some of the other Energetic connections to Rose Quartz?”
There are other things to consider when using Rose Quartz. You may want a connection to your Zodiac Sign, the Gods & Goddesses, using in your Home, and other things like that. Here is a little list of those for you
- born June 1-5th: Hariel
- born November 8-12: Ariel
- Aphrodite (Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty)
- Venus (Roman Goddess of Love)
- Astarte (Phoenician Goddess of Fertility, Love, and War) also know as the Queen of the Stars
- Turan (Etruscan Goddess of Love & Beauty)
- Although not a Traditional Birthstone, Rose Quartz is the Natural Birthstone of those born between October 22 – November 20th
- Scorpio (main)
- Also, Taurus, and Libra
- Use in the South area in the home or a room to boost the emotion and passion of ideas, to enhance the standing of yourself in your home or your community.
In conclusion, Rose Quartz is a lovely crystal for self-love, self acceptance, love and compassion for others, relationships with friends, lovers and family. Repels negative energy and embodies the user with wisdom and insight. A gentle reliever of loss and grief, allowing you to gently go through the process of self love and forgiveness, and healing of the heart.
As I have recently cleaned out my studio space, I have discovered a plethora of lovely Rose Quartz beads. As I make a piece of jewelry for a specific purpose, this purpose is meditated on before and during the creation process. Once completed, this new piece is then cleansed and Blessed with Healing Energy before given over to it’s new “family”. Combined with other stones and crystals, the energy of Rose Quartz is amplified and merged with the healing properties of the other crystals it partners with. Some of my favourites to use with Rose Quartz are Amethyst, Green Aventurine, Labradorite, and Moonstone.
Let Rose Quartz infuse your life with Love, Acceptance, Healing, and Happiness.
Click on the button below to get started!
Start Your Journey of Love & Self-Acceptance NOW!
Visit my Facebook Page to view some of our available pieces, OR to message me for a custom piece - I LOVE Custom Work!!